Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
21 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 21

more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Earth map with clouds needed.. superhi-res.
Home away from home
From Perth,Australia
Group:
Registered Users
gaaah how does the logical name thing work in 2.19..I want to map abtextures path on lahls object to c:\imagine\abtextures on my system.. and thanks for the maps lahl.

Posted on: 2006/3/16 9:22

Home away from home
From WinnipegManCan
Group:
Registered Users
Does it work?...I've never been able to figure that out either...sigh...Calling all Brainiacs...hepl us pls....LOL

Posted on: 2006/3/16 11:36

BobbyStahr Imagine 2.1.9+
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

liontamer wrote:
gaaah how does the logical name thing work in 2.19..I want to map abtextures path on lahls object to c:\imagine\abtextures on my system.. and thanks for the maps lahl.

Goto Editor>Logical Names

In the dialogue, top left is the list of 'logical names'. Click on "Textures" to allow you to set paths to this "logical name". Now click "New" in the bottom right to select a path to add to "Textures" and goto the dir you want assigned, eg C:\Imagine\Textures, and that path will now be listed under "Physical Associations". You can add as many texture paths as you want, and they will all be referred to as simply "Textures\". (You can add paths for attributes, maps, anything).

Now, when you add a new texture or map that is from a directory you have specified, Imagine will pop up a requestor asking if you want to load it with a logical path, and if so, which one (if there is more than one). Just press cancel to use the physical path.

To use logical paths in objects already made, simple reload each texture (ie. go into that texture/map's properties, goto the name tab and reselect the texture/map and it should now bring up the logical name requestor)

Sometimes I wonder if its worth the hassle to use it, and perhaps its not worth it if you just use your own stuff, but its useful when sharing objects, where someone has things installed differently, or if you reinstall to a different place. Guess I forgot about it being useful like that on the Amiga and all the complaints and hassles when IFW came out with absolute paths, but I kinda got used to it, and apps like IOPEd made it mostly a non-issue.

Lahl

Posted on: 2006/3/16 14:09

Home away from home
From WinnipegManCan
Group:
Registered Users
Thanx Lahl, for that, the Earth, and statuette, and well the moon and stars as well I guess..LOL...tried a render of the Earth last nite and is is a very nicele set up Earth indeed...gonna look at the lady today...

Posted on: 2006/3/16 16:04

BobbyStahr Imagine 2.1.9+

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.