Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
32 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 32

more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Learning new stuff...
Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
In case your wondering why I am so silent lately
I have been playing around with programming under the windows API at the same time as I am looking into Imagine's object format (and the others...)
No I havent gotten the source, sadly , but I decided that either I DO get it and need this knowledge, or I dont and still need it to redevelop an Imagine Clone if need be although, that might be to big a project for me by myself

But whatever happens, I am fiddling with a tool to view the object structure and possibly in opengl... the format itself isnt so hard... but windows... duh!

Luckily I worked with X-windows in all is forms so at least I'm not a stranger to message queues and event handlers

I gotten the free C++ from Blodshed and also got Visual C 2005 from Microsoft... I prefer to code in C, not C++ but if need be...

anyways...

Thats where I am at the moment... coding and working... and commuting...

Posted on: 2007/4/13 14:23

Re: Learning new stuff...
Home away from home
From Perth,Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
No I havent gotten the source, sadly , but I decided that either I DO get it and need this knowledge, or I dont and still need it to redevelop an Imagine Clone if need be although, that might be to big a project for me by myself

Speaking of source code.I think an effort should be made to try and get as much source code as possible of the various Imagine Utilities written over the years..like Spiral,DNA,IOPE editor. There is a dll written by Darren Williams which contains a lot of useful routines for writing the various IOB data chunks..Unfortunately ,without at least some header files i cant think of a way to use it..I emailed his last known address 2 weeks ago but no reply yet..Its part of his tddd converter program. tddd.dll

Posted on: 2007/4/14 5:20

Edited by liontamer on 2007/4/14 5:28:26

Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Yes, for those willing to part with it... It would be good
Right now I'm getting to grips with the TDDD format, its not that hard to understand and I already got a so so reader in an unstructed manner... the first step will be to just map up objects, to see how different objects look when saved in different versions and so forth...

Basically back-enginering the format...

I also have the unofficial documentationon the staging file and of course the texture api textx for both version IFA 3 and windows... dont know if they changed the API for IFA 5

Its simple to make a texture under the old system, but I havent made one for IFW 2-3 yet mostly because I lacked the windows skills which I am now learning

But your idea is a good one, lets all stretch out and try to get as much sources as we can together from all possible people willing
to part with them...

upload them here or just mail them to me and I'll share them out

Posted on: 2007/4/14 8:55

Home away from home
From Norway
Group:
Registered Users
I came across this site which does not seem to have been mentioned here before; it's got a couple of programs including source. Well, that's what it says, I didn't check the source archives as I'm not into programming...

Posted on: 2007/4/14 10:14
But I fear what's to happen all happened before.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Search