Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
25 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 25

more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Imagine Staging Language 3.0b6?
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I'm in the slow process of rebuilding one of my classic Amiga systems and want to play around with Imagine3D again. It's been a while.

I am curious about the Imagine Staging Language program on Aminet. It says this version is "slightly cripppled". Is there a newer/uncrippled version available? I tried emailing the contact listed by the email bounced back.

http://aminet.net/package/gfx/3d/ISL3_0B6

What other useful tools are out there for working with the Amiga Imagine staging files?

I have Imagine3D v5.x. If there was any PPC support in my last version of Imagine, I'll have to downgrade since my CSPPC died a while back.

Thanks,
Jaeson

Posted on: 2013/4/24 23:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Imagine Staging Language 3.0b6?
Home away from home
From Conway, South Carolina, USA
Group:
Registered Users
You may try this site. I found it while I was Googling an old phone number of mine from 20 years ago. The number was in an old Fred Fish (r.i.p.) archive along with a bunch of my old stuff. Now, if only I could find a Windows IFF animation player...

http://www.back2roots.org/

Posted on: 2013/5/9 16:01

Home away from home
From WinnipegManCan
Group:
Registered Users
I would have thought vlc would do it but I just checked and it's one format they've ignored. Perhaps a post on their format will get some coder busy....it is open source after all and there must be someone bored enough to do that.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 14:52

BobbyStahr Imagine 2.1.9+

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Ermmm...... Virtualdub will load most IFF anim files and allow you to convert them to avi with your choice of codec. Its been around for at least a decade now and wouldn't be without it, plus it's free.

http://www.virtualdub.org/index

Posted on: 2013/6/11 2:29

Home away from home
From Conway, South Carolina, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for that! I was stumped for a bit, until I remembered the old .anim extension. That is a great piece of freeware.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 21:49

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I'm the author of the Imagine Staging Language. I just happened to stumble across this site and joined with the help of Johan. Frankly I'm pretty surprised it exists - Mike was never big on community involvement!

Anyway, I'm trying to remember what I was thinking back then. I don't think the "slightly crippled" thing was anything very exciting - maybe a limit on the number of lines or some such? It certainly wasn't any sort of serious copy protection as I didn't believe in such things even back then. Something mild to try and prompt people to register. Hmmm...

The source code is not readily accessible. If I find a way to access it I'll look into this question, and probably make it open source. Don't get too excited though, the odds of being able to find a disk and/or get an ancient machine working are not high!

Posted on: 2015/5/30 21:36

Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
It is always nice to see "old" users loggin in, and by old I mean people who contributed to the community back when the product was actually maintained and living

We have had a few come by and say a few words, including Mr Worley himself :)

Even Mike has written a post or two in here, though he was a bit undercover iirc

Welcome to the group, as you may have noticed, it is quite calm here, it bursts out at times though... like during the StarGate talks and such

Posted on: 2015/6/4 6:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Search