Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
22 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 21

fragomatik, more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Back in the Saddle
Home away from home
From WinnipegManCan
Group:
Registered Users
Well I've installed Imagine2.0 as that version installs but I can't install 2.19...missing a dll. Johan, you said earlier that there was a way to get it but I've lost the instructions. Could you please re post that in bullet form so I can follow it and hopefully have Imagine back in my pipeline. Thanks in advance. It's been so long I have to totally relearn the program...sigh.

Posted on: 2015/7/14 16:40

BobbyStahr Imagine 2.1.9+
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Back in the Saddle
Home away from home
From Colorado
Group:
Registered Users
well I can't wait to see new stuff from you Bobby

Posted on: 2015/7/14 19:53

Home away from home
From WinnipegManCan
Group:
Registered Users
Woo Freakin Hoo...I copied the 2.19exe over the 2.0 one as I noticed the missing .dll in the 2.0 Dir and there y' have it...2.19 up and running....whew...was losing my mind without it...as bad as not having photoshop.

Posted on: 2015/7/14 19:55

Home away from home
From WinnipegManCan
Group:
Registered Users
Been using Terragen so long m\now you will be seeing Imagine stuff rendered in TG2 or 3 depending. This upon coming back to it with way more resources is as slow or slower than Bryce 7...TG2/3 is a speed demon comparatively....render wise...Still love modeling in Imagine but now am cursed with knowing about U/V mapping so am finding parts of it not to my liking.

Posted on: 2015/7/14 20:56

Home away from home
From Colorado
Group:
Registered Users
"Woo Freakin Hoo...I copied the 2.19exe over the 2.0 one as I noticed the missing .dll in the 2.0 Dir"

hmm, yeah I just have the 2.19 exe in the same folder as 2.0 never had any problems,

"Still love modeling in Imagine but now am cursed with knowing about U/V mapping so am finding parts of it not to my liking."

I have used Carrara the uses UV mapping, but I tend to use it like imagine applies textures, so I haven't really explored the potential of it. but there are times where I wish I had more control in imagine, like exact texture placement, scaling and moving the axis over and over is a bit tiring to get it the size and place I need it to be sometimes. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to put UV mapping in imagine's code, but I'm not a programmer so I really don't know how it works- it would be nice to have that option though

I still enjoy modeling in Imagine, and been do all my rendering in it lately, now I have a faster machine that will render most things in seconds or minutes I don't miss the multicore support as much. I still have to use Carrara sometimes for the Boolean function, the slice tool in imagine is a bit picky and creates way too many faces for simple cuts

Good luck learning Imagine again, I have learned so much more by making more complex objects, I still have things in my head I can't figure out how to make without point by point manipulation, so that's not gonna happen

Good luck and have fun! -Dave

Posted on: 2015/7/14 23:19

Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
U/V mapping per se is not a complicated process... but unwrapping an object so that it CAN be U/V mapped is...

...at least if you are going to do it in a way that makes it a nice unwrap...

I guess one could use the same technique used for face groups to make it easier, i.e. unwrapping the various groups faces to separate planes or something

Posted on: 2015/7/16 11:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Search