Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
23 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 23

more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Michael Halvorson 1951-2015
Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
I just got Word, very sorry to hear Mike has passed away last year

http://obits.reviewjournal.com/obitua ... ituary.aspx?pid=176080459

Posted on: 2016/3/2 15:05

Re: Michael Halvorson 1951-2015
Home away from home
From Conway, South Carolina, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I am so sorry to hear it. We had some lively conversations via telephone from 1989 on. I met him a NAB in Las Vegas in '93. He was a true creative genius. He will be missed.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 15:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Colorado
Group:
Registered Users
so sad, I lost my breath when I read the subject line. Rest in peace and thank you for all your work Mike.

-Dave

Posted on: 2016/3/7 3:24

Quite a regular
From Idaho
Group:
Registered Users
I'm so sorry to hear that Mike passed away, my prayers go out to his family, he will be missed!

Posted on: 2016/3/9 16:42

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I never met him, nor did I ever speak with him... But he was instrumental in my career and current livelihood. RIP.

Posted on: 2016/7/4 21:46

Home away from home
From WinnipegManCan
Group:
Registered Users
A bit late on this thread but well I been music-ing and terragen-ing. I noticed this and sent condolences to the family. Mike had a heart of gold and baby sat me in my intro years to 3D and Imagine both on Amiga and later on PC...a true genius as some one else noted and will be eternally missed....but I would have liked U/V coordinates in Imagine....maybe next life...

Posted on: 2016/7/31 20:20

BobbyStahr Imagine 2.1.9+

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
I dealt a lot with Mike and the gang at Impulse from the release of Turbo Silver through to the demise of the Amiga. We gradually lost touch after the last PC release of Imagine and Impulse's transition to gaming software.

Mike was an amazing guy: visionary, crank, snake oil salesman. I had the good fortune of running into him at a 3d printing show in Los Angeles in late 2014. Although he looked a lot older (who doesn't?), he hadn't lost any of his bravado. In this case, I think he was pitching creaky old Organica as a new-fangled 3d printing solution.

I had no idea he passed away until last week and I was gutted by the news. It's very sad to learn that someone who was so important to the Amiga community could pass from the scene with so little fanfare.

God bless you, Mike. Deepest sympathies to your wife and kids. And know that, wherever you are, you are not forgotten!

Posted on: 2016/10/8 20:46

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
He and I were discussing his color 3D printing technology called Chameleon as recently as late July of last year. He was trying to Kickstart it. We had emailed back and forth about 3D printing and he was very upbeat. I have quite a few Twitter followers and I screen grabbed some of his Chameleon pics and was Tweeting them along with a link to his Kickstart page. I emailed him a couple of times shortly after that and did not get a reply. I thought he was busy, nothing out of the ordinary. But I never heard from him. Now I believe that he must have taken ill about that time. I know from my family history that diabetes and kidney failure can kill very quickly. I agree with all you say about his creativity and drive. He will be missed.

Here is the last email I got from him... I emailed him again the next day and never did get a reply.

"Bill
Luck is a big part of it, I will send you the link on Wed so you can check it out.

If you decide you need a printer, let me know I have a few used ones that I might be able to loan you for like 5 years or something like that , it would be great to see what you do, your talent, a printer and wow."

Posted on: 2016/10/11 22:17

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
I finally did get my own printer the following November.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 22:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]