Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BRUSHES BLENDING
Just can't stay away
From Castelfiorentino (Florence), Italy
Group:
Registered Users
What are the steps to perform the blending of 2 images? I tried with AAAlpha.itx and with Ingvar Lybing Blend _ _r Blend_B textures, without getting nalidi results. A detailed tutorial would be helpful.

pippoli

Posted on: 11/25 7:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: BRUSHES BLENDING
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
You just have to lay a flitermap with a gradient from white to black over the 2 images. Black = no transparency and white = full transparency. That's how easy it is

Posted on: 11/25 8:21

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
So I looked at it again and found that unfortunately the whole object becomes transparent in the filtermaps. So basically you just stay that you define an alpha channel for this Bruhes in an image editing program beforehand. This makes sense, for example, in a lettering, if you want to show or hide this.

The best thing is, you define the 2 brushes that you want to crossfade before in an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop.

Blending brushes and textures only works well in Imagine if you work with Z-Meshes. In Z-Mesh mode, blending multiple textures and brushes is completely straightforward. But that only works between at least 2 objects.

how that works with the blend textures of (blend.itx), I'm really not clear. The description is very small. I have now plummeted about 3 hours and came to no conclusion.

Posted on: 11/25 13:58

Just can't stay away
From Castelfiorentino (Florence), Italy
Group:
Registered Users
From the Blend B info:

This texture is used for blending color and bump textures. The blending is done by using another texture as an alpha channel. ....

Note: Naturally, Color maps and Altitude maps can also be used for blending.

And now?

Posted on: 11/27 3:39

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
I have no idea how this should work. Somehow you also have to keep a hierarchy and then use the Blend_I.itx for the initialization. Besides, I do not understand how to tell the texture what you really want to crossfade.

The texture would have to be somehow communicated, from where to where you want to mix something.

I fumbled with the textures for a full 3 hours and never got a result. That's really frustrating.

By the way ... the forum member "Lahl" has uploaded an Earth object where she mixed brushes with the textures. Maybe you should take a look at how she solved that.

Posted on: 11/27 14:06

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Ok... Ingvar Lybing's Blending textures can be a little complex to get your head around at first, but it's easy once you get the hang of it.
Basically, the textures "key off" another texture or map. I usually use the roughness channel as it's pretty obsolete and won't interfere with other textures

Here are the instructions directly from the Blend_B texture's info tab
-------------------------
Blend B Texture (Blend A, Blend Init)
Type: Color, Bump.

This texture is used for blending color and bump textures. The blending is done by using another texture as an alpha channel. To function properly this texture must be used together with the Blend A and the Blend Init textures.

Blend Init Texture: The use of this texture is optional, but it is necessary if you want a perfect blend between bump textures. It must be applied before any bump texture. Its function is to save the objects surface normal for later use in the blending calculations.
Blend A Texture: This texture must be applied before the last texture(s) that is to be blended. Its function is to preserve the current color and surface normal.
Blend B Texture: This texture must be applied after the last texture that is to be blended. It is this texture that does the actual blending.

Examples:

Mountain top (alpha channel)
Blend A
Dino Skin
Blend B

Checks (alpha channel)
Color Noise
Blend A
Color Noise
Blend B

Blend Init
Jersey (alpha channel)
Crumpled
Blend A
Ribbs
Blend B

Note: Naturally, Color maps and Altitude maps can also be used for blending.

REQUESTER TABS:

Controls:

Blend Color/Bump: These determines which attribute(s) will be blended.

Invert Blend: When this is checked the blending will be reversed.

Key Attribute: This determines which attribute will be used as the alpha channel. The Red channel will be used for the RGB attributes.

Reset Attribute: The key attribute can be reset to any color or value. The Red channel is used to set the values for the non RGB attributes.
---------------------------------------

So.
1. First of all, you need your base textures with NO bump maps, but you can add base colour, specular, hardness maps etc.

2. Add Blent Init to start the blend (only needed if you use bump maps)

3. Add a map or texture that maps where you want blending to occur.
eg a texture map that is white where you want new textures to show and black where you want base textures to show and the greys inbetween will fade between the textures
I apply this blending map as a roughness map to key off, but you can choose other attributes such as shininess, brightness, reflection, filter or specular, but these may interfere with base textures. These settings can be reset on the object at the end

4. add first lot of bump maps/textures

5. add Blend A

6. Add 2nd lot of colour and bump textures

7. Add Blend B and selct colour/bump as the attributes to blend, and select the attribute from the blend map you used to key off, in my case I use roughness. The blend B texture will then do all the blending, and you will need to select reset attribute to 0 (black) to turn off the key attribute (roughness), or you can set it to whatever colour you need for the whole object

DONE

Hopefully that worked for you
Just remember to put down your base textures
use init if you want to blend bump maps
use a greyscale roughness map
sandwich new textures between A and B and reset key attribute

Now..... AAAlpha texture is a totally different beast.
This textures is used to create a depth map or alpha channel for an entire render to be used in effects compositing in post production, NOT for blending object textures

If you are trying to add something like a label or logo, you could use AADecal texture and use a 32bit TGA file with alpha channel. Just be aware to invert the alpha channel from the normal usage.

Good luck

Lahl

Posted on: 11/27 16:25

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, and remember, once you use blend B and reset the key channel, you can add another set of blend I A B on top, and keep adding layers and layers of blends

Posted on: 11/27 16:35

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Lahl, thank you for your effort and your detailed description.
I have also sat up just now and I dealt with the textures and upload in the download area times 7 examples, which clearly show what you can do with the Blend texture everything.

Here you can download all 7 example objects:

http://www.imagine3d.org/modules/wfdo ... glefile.php?cid=1&lid=354

Please note that all textures are in the folder c: \ imagine \ textures \

I hope that @Pippoli can finally do something with the textures. I can do no more than that now

Note: Of particular interest to @Pippoli should certainly be the Example_02. If he turns off the blend textures there, he'll quickly understand how it all makes sense.

Open in new window

Posted on: 11/27 16:39

Edited by Marabufx on 2018/11/27 17:01:01
Edited by Marabufx on 2018/11/27 17:05:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.