Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (8 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Blender Version 2.8 vs. Imagine 3.XX
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
My personal assessment:

Blender 2.8 is exactly what Impulse did with Imagine 3.0. I will now switch completely to Blender, because version 2.8 has totally convinced me. Even the unified shaders and the new rendering engine EEVEE are absolutely amazing. The new rendering engine now really provides a smooth preview real-time rendering while editing the scene. So whoever has felt a bit overwhelmed by Blender because of the awkward shortcut technique, who will immediately feel at home as Imagine converters in Blender 2.8. Incidentally, Blender 2.8 now also offers an object group editing structure that is not unlike Imagine. One could almost think that the Blender programmers have sometimes looked around at older, but proven 3D programs. Anyway, I started Blender 2.8 and immediately remembered the announcements about Imagine 3.0 and I bet that if "Impulse" evolved Imagine, then Imagine 3.XX or version 4.0 would look similar to Blender 2.8 today.

So I can only recommend any Imagine2.19 users to switch to Blender3D. Even if you are a bit overwhelmed by all the new features at the beginning, Imagine users will quickly make friends with the new Blender. Exactly because I assume 100% that Imagine 3.xx or 4.xx today would not look much different ... and as I said .. the new rendering engine "EEVEE" and the whole new menu in Blender 2.8 is just a become true A dream that all Imagine users have been waiting for for over 10 years.

And in fact it is one thing ... what you have done with Imagine so far, that you learn in Blender easily on a single day.

Well friends, for me at least an era comes to an end, which had once been created in 1990 with an Amiga 500 and Imagine.

Posted on: 5/17 2:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Blender Version 2.8 vs. Imagine 3.XX
Quite a regular
From DFW
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the review. I've been deciding to use AC3D v8.3 but after reading your review (and others) of Blender 2.8 it seems to have a major overhaul and easier to use.

PS
Wow, last time I was logged in was 12 years ago. I'm glad my old account still worked since registration has been closed for a while. Guess the reason I decided to look back is I just sold my Amiga 1000/500/1200 I've had in storage for over 11 years. I was an Imagine 3D 2.0 users, wish it would have gone open source.

Posted on: 6/9 18:02

Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
I agree, 2.8 is a gamechanger even for Blender... it was good before... now it is going to be amazing as the 2.8 is released in july...

Posted on: 6/20 9:07

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Johan, the beta version of Blender 2.8 has been around for a year now.
Also, the rendering speed with CPU rendering is just amazing at Blender 2.8.

There is already alone the real-time preview so high quality that you could save the rendering smoothly.

Take a look at the test rendering with Blender 2.8. This is not even a high quality render. That's what Blender 2.8 does with the new rendering engine EEVEE in real time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGw1gQe4PDw

Posted on: 6/20 18:04

Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
I know, I do follow beta, but I have been using 2.79 until recently... I really like the things they have made in the beta, and soon it's not beta :)

Posted on: 6/22 13:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Search