Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
30 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...
Top Posters

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Imagine running on Linux..
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
So, hello all. Quick intro, my name is Kirk. I worked on Imagine 5.0 for Amiga. I did the Arexx port and Cybergfx compatibility stuff.

I've tinkered with the source over time, my interest was in adding some kind of flocking behavior. I have a .fli anim from the '90s, but it was very simple. Making tweaks to object paths and re-rendering was tedious on such slow hardware and at the time PCs were still getting faster while my Amiga was just what it had always been, slow, but still decked out (030/882 PAR TBC). Too cool doing field rendering to the PAR. Anyhow, like I said, PCs were fast, so I got into linux. I was even able to crosscompile programs on the pc to run on my Amiga. I putzed at it off and on for a while until recently. My main pc conked out(haven't lost any work), I have an intel NUC and a few PIs that I've been programming for a couple years now, and I have a decent environment for internet/programming there.

Sooo, I grabbed my old Imagine archive from the pc harddisk and migrated it over to the NUC. After getting it to compile, I started working on the UI again. There are pix
in my gallery and here's a link ui vid to a short vid.

Plan is to clean up the code and put it on Github, don't get too excited now, this could take a couple months yet.

Sorry if this is a scattered message, I really didn't have a plan on what to say, it's just a stream of consiousness...

Posted on: 10/6 11:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Imagine running on Linux..
Webmaster
From Stockholm, Sweden.
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Hi,
Sounds great, just a reminder that you probably are aware of, Imagine for Windows has never been OpenSource, I asked Mike a long time ago if we could release Imagine and Organica sources on the open platform, but he said no, distribute binaries I was allowed to do, but not give out the source.

I don't know how much the Amiga version of the code is closed or open, but I do know that it would be good to see it as such... but just be sure you have the rights to release it open if thats your intent.

/J

Posted on: 10/6 12:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]